Intercepting pests both before and after they’ve entered your home or commercial property is our job – and also our mission. The Preventive Pest technicians are trained to find even the smallest signs in a home or office that has rolled out a welcome mat for pest populations. While you may not see the small gap that will allow the bug to enter, they may see it as a revolving door in and out of your home.
Here are some of the signs of a home that has a “vacancy” sign lit up for pests.
Stopping Pests in Your Las Vegas Home or Office
We’ve divided our tips between residential and commercial properties, because Preventive Pest takes care of both types of clients. In both situations, pest control is about stopping the infestation before it can take hold. This means modifying the external structure of your home and office, while practicing some smart prevention techniques inside.
Residential Pest Control Tips
- Outside the home, we recommend cutting down on shrubbery, weeds and debris, where insects such as scorpions can hide.
- Outdoor lighting attracts bugs; we can recommend how to change the lighting to reduce insects.
- Seal all the cracks in crawlspaces, around windows, and wherever there is an external line running in from outside (such as on your air conditioning unit).
- Regular inspections for termites or other insects can help you spot infestations before they start.
Commercial Pest Control Tips
- Keeping pests out of your commercial business is an ongoing process that can never be neglected. This requires regular inspections and routine maintenance.
- Adopting a “clean as you go” strategy for office kitchens, or anywhere food is prepared is crucial. Never leave food out in your kitchen overnight!
- The rule about debris around the business is the same as for residential properties; keep it cleared away so that no scorpions, rats, or snakes can take up residence.
- Make sure there is no standing water in a warehouse or unused part of your facility. That moisture can attract flies and other flying insects
Proactive and Reactive Pest Prevention
These tips will help with making your home our business less attractive to rodents and insects. We believe so strongly in a preventative strategy, that we even have the word “preventive” in our name. Pest populations can quickly infest a home or business, which is why regular inspections of the nooks and crannies of your home or office are so important.
By the time your business or home is infested, the problem is usually harder to eradicate. Some of the most difficult infestations of stubborn persistent creatures like bedbugs, ants, or cockroaches, often require multiple treatments to get rid of the problem. You probably heard your Mom say, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” That old expression makes a lot of sense when you’re talking about pests in Nevada.
Contact us today to find out more about our Preventive Pest inspection and assessment plan. These implementation strategies are tailored specifically for your unique situation. Call us – we can help.